Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Has it really been this long???

I have seriously been horrible about writing on this blog. I was just looking and realized it has been over 6 months since I last wrote. A lot has happened in those 6 months too. I will just catch you all up on the most exciting things, especially because that is all I can really remember right now.

Ryan finished his year of preschool. He loved it! It was so much fun to watch him grow and mature this last year. He became a little more independent and enjoyed doing things on his own more. He also started reading a little. He is such a smart little monkey. He is excited to start Kindergarten next year and keeps asking how much longer he has until he does start. I still can't believe that he is old enough to be in school, but I know he is going to do great.

We finally got answers about Mari. They weren't exactly the answers we were hoping for, but it is nice to get answers. We found out about 2 months ago that she was in fact growth hormone deficient. On a scale of 1-10 of how much growth hormone she was producing she was at a .5. I will admit I cried like crazy the day I found out. I was so sure that everything was going to come back normal (like they always have), so to find out that it wasn't was hard on me. We had to do an MRI a few weeks later to see if there was an explanation to why she wasn't producing the hormone. We found out from that that she actually has an unusually small pituitary. The pituitary is the "Master Gland" of the body and controlls so many organs, like your thyroid and adrenal glands, and reproductive organs. We were worried that more than just her growth hormone levels were going to be affected and that things were going to be more complicated. We went to the doctor just a few weeks ago and to our surprise everything is fine, and for right now we just have to deal with doing growth hormone treatments. We should be getting started on those probably this week. It is a little crazy to think that Mari will actually be getting bigger and not be our little itty bitty anymore.

Other than all her tests and finding out the answer to the big question, she is doing great. She seriously makes us laugh like crazy. She loves to pretend to be a kitty or doggy and will often talk to us as a doggy or kitty. She loves to do whatever her big brother is doing too. Even though she hasn't grown physically yet, she is getting to be such a big girl. She talks really well and is learning so much.

Alan is doing good as well. He is still working hard. He ran his first 5K last weekend and did really well. He cut his time from when he runs in the morninings by 4 min. He has inspired me to start running too and we might even do a 5K together in a few weeks (if I can get ready by then).

I am still working at Alan's office 2 a week and still like doing it. Other than that, nothing too exciting has happened to me personally in the last 6 months. I have just been enjoying eveyone else's adventures with them.

Hopefully I can be better this year about posting more and putting up more pictures. We have an exciting summer planned with a lot of family, so we will need to get those adventures posted.

1 comment: