Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday!!!


Today is Alan's 30th birthday, so I thought today would be a good day to say how lucky I am to be married to this man.
I honestly feel so lucky to have found a great man like Alan. He makes me laugh daily and does such a great job taking care of our family. He is one of the hardest working people I know, but still makes a real effort to be home at a decent hour so he can have time with the kids.
The other thing I love about Alan is he does such a great job making people feel comfortable and like he is their best friend. I remember there was a time when we were still dating and I visit taught this girl who was feeling a little left out amongst her roommates. She lived in an apartment full of gorgeous girls, so they got a lot of attention, especially from the opposite sex. One day my roommate Jodee and I decided to take her out to Jonny Carino's for dessert. Since Alan was working there at the time we requested him as our waiter. I pulled him aside and told him to make her feel special and to FLIRT with her. I was so impressed because he was so kind to her and was so sincere about it too. He complimented her and talked to her individually, but did not come across fake at all. On our way back to Rexburg this girl told me how lucky I was to have found such a great guy, and I had to totally agree.
I have to give a quick shout out to my in-laws, because they are the ones who raised and molded him to the person he is. This goes to my brother and sister-in-laws too. They are such great examples of what I hope my kids are like with each other when they are older. They have so much love and respect for each other, and most importantly they love to PLAY with each other. I know they had a hand in making Alan the person he is today as his parents did.
I know everyone says that they married their best friend, but I really did. We love to laugh and play together. He always puts my needs first. I am so lucky. Happy birthday Alan. I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Allen! He is a great guy -hope you had a nice day. And good luck with you weight-loss goals Patti! Being healthy gets easier when it slowly becomes your lifestyle. I just try to take it one week at a time instead of thinking about ALL the weight I need to lose. If you can lose 1 or 2 lbs a week that's awesome!
    YOu can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Alan! I agree with MOST of what Patti said. There have been a few times when Alan has made me a little uncomfortable (PDA with my mom, for example). Other than that, and really because of that too, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your nice comments about the in-laws. You are such a blessing to us as well! I love seeing you and Alan interact with each other - he really found someone who can give him a run for his money :)

    ReplyDelete