Thursday, May 20, 2010

I swear we are alive

So, I have had a couple people comment on my lack of blogging. I really thought that I would blog all the time once I started this, but have obviously not. Part of the problem is that I am totally not good when it comes to technology, so I have to wait for Alan to show me how to download our pictures from our camera. I know that is kind of pathetic, but it is the truth!
We have had a couple fun things happen these last couple of months. The first being that we went down to Utah to see my family at the beginning of April. This was the first time that my whole family has been together in about 5 years. My nephew Isaac was being baptized, and so everyone traveled to Utah for it and spent the week together. There was a lot of playing and other crazy things going on. Ryan loved seeing his cousins, and made me realize that we really need to be better about getting him together with them. He loves them and talks about them all the time. The other thing I realized is that I do not like being a single mother. Alan could only stay for the weekend, so the rest of the time I was alone. I was so tired by the end of the trip. It really made me realize what a big help and good daddy he is. I was so grateful for him by the time we got home!!!
Some other exciting news is that we got Ryan signed up for preschool next year. We have been doing a neighborhood preschool with him this year, but decided that he needs a more structured setting and consistency to get him ready for Kindergarten. He is very excited about it. I just can't believe that he is almost 5. Time really does fly!! He is getting so grown up and making us laugh more and more with the funny things he says and does. That is kind of a mass overview of our last couple of months. It has been fun and crazy, but I love it that way. Hopefully I can get some pictures up of our Utah trip soon. It is always fun to share those pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment